Days Like these!

Waiting outside the pub in the cold, as my brother decides to empty his bladder in the bushes, rather than just using the conventional pub toilet. My dad and I briefly speak about our days and although the conversation and the whole moment lasts a mere ten minutes, I gained an insight into how my dad feels about Sundays when he was a child. Although a wintry Saturday night, he had been in all day feeling anxious about everyday life. Not the fact he just turned 50 or the fact we were going out for a meal, but because his mind had a whole day to wonder and the dark hits in earlier than he likes.
'' Days like these, remind me of Sundays as a child. All the shops shut, dark cold and really quiet ''

This got me thinking.

 On days like these I'm happy to be waiting in the cold, happy to be hurrying my brother along and happy that we were together about to embark on a lovely meal leaving the anxiety out to freeze.

Comments

  1. Good idea hun. Engaging read. This blog is the same design as one of my students, we use blogger to record and mark work for A Level students. You can upload images and videos as well. I really liked reading your post. Miss you lovey. I hope you all had a splendid evening, and Happy 50th to Jonna.
    Link to my work blog in case you fancy surfing:
    http://missodellsblog.blogspot.com/
    Love Bex xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really glad your doing this hun, i will be reading xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh this is brilliant sweet. It's like I'm reading a story and not ur life?! Surreal! Wish I had these skills xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read all my comments, and I am very grateful for your time.
Keep smiling
Lucy
xx

Popular Posts